Looking for Always FREE things to do in Myrtle Beach?
If you are local Myrtle Beach/Grand Strand business and offer free classes, workshops, events, or admissions, please contact us for inclusion on this page.
Some attractions and events may be seasonal. Some businesses maybe closed or have reduced hours due to the pandemic. Always call ahead.
Here are some options:
FREE Myrtle Beach Area Attractions and Entertainment
- The Grand Strand has 60 miles of beautiful beaches, and all of them are FREE.
- Admission to the Broadway at the Beach complex is always FREE, although there is a fee for the attractions. They also put on a lot of FREE events like concerts and family-friendly shows. Click here for upcoming events.
- As with Broadway at the Beach, admission to the Barefoot Landing complex is always FREE, but there’s a fee for the attractions.
- The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is FREE to stroll. The Boardwalk frequently holds FREE concerts, holiday celebrations, and other events.
- The Market Common is a shopping and dining complex in a beautifully-designed village setting. They also host a lot of FREE festivals and family-friendly events throughout the year. Click here for the event calendar.
- T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station is a FREE wildlife exhibit where you can watch tiger cubs and large cats interact and play.
- La Belle Amie Vineyard holds weekly music and wine events on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays; many of them are FREE.
FREE Admission to Museums
- The Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum has both permanent and rotating exhibits. Admission is FREE; donations are appreciated.
- The South Carolina Hall of Fame recognizes and honors both contemporary and past citizens who have made outstanding contributions to South Carolina
- Probably not a museum you would think about, but the Myrtle Beach Pinball Museum has lots of old pinball machines and nostalgia.
Listen to FREE Music
- The restaurants at the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk have FREE live music most nights for people who are dining or having drinks. Click here for the music schedule.
- 810 Bowling and Billiards in the Market Common, has FREE music on Friday nights.
FREE Nightlife Activities
- Crocodile Rocks Dueling Pianos offers FREE admission to locals 7 to 8 p.m. Must show local ID.
FREE Birthday Treats
FREE How To and DIY Classes
- The Home Depot has FREE kids’ workshops from 9:00 a.m. to noon the first Saturday of each month. Through their partnership with Discover Education, kids can build “science project” worthy projects that provide skill building, allow for creativity and learn about safety.
- Michael’s stores in Myrtle Beach offer FREE crafty classes. Check individual locations for dates and times.
- Lowes’ has FREE Do It Yourself Build and Grow Workshops for adults and kids at 10:00 a.m. on Saturdays once or twice a month.
- Pottery Barn has FREE design classes once or twice a month on Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
- Kids can get FREE airplane rides from volunteer pilots in the Young Eagles program.
- Barnes and Noble at The Market Common has FREE story times for kids. Click here for upcoming events.