There are a lot of FREE and cheap activities for kids in Myrtle Beach, not just over the summer, but year round. I’ll keep adding to the list as I find new ones, so make sure to check back often. Also, if you know of any that I missed, please lease a comment below.
Want us to highlight your event or give it a prime spot at the top of this list? Email me about sponsoring this post: email@example.com.
- T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station is a FREE wildlife exhibit where kids can watch tiger cubs and large cats interact and play. It’s open daily from March through December. You can also have your kid’s picture taken with the tigers for a fee.
- Myrtle Beach has tons of miniature golf courses. Prices average around $6 for kids and $8 for adults. Click here for coupons.
- There are 60 miles of beach along the grand strand. You may have to pay a small fee for parking, but the beach itself is FREE.
- Myrtle Beach State Park has a beach, picnic shelters, playground equipment, a nature center, a recreation area, and more. They also have a lot of educational programs, most of which are FREE with park admission ($5 for adults; $3.25 for SC seniors; $3 for kids age 6-15; FREE for kids 5 and younger). Click here for upcoming events.
- If your kids like baseball, the Myrtle Beach Pelicans games are always a good time. Tickets start at $8 each. There are autograph sessions before each game, and kids 12 and under get to run the bases post-game.
- At Barefoot Landing, kids can ride the carousel for $2 each; the carousel is FREE on select Saturdays.
- Fun Warehouse has an arcade, go-karts, bowling, laser tag, roller skating, and inflatables. Individual activities are $9.50 each or you can buy multi-activitiy passes. Click here for discounts.
- The Home Depot has FREE kids’ workshops from 9:00 a.m. to noon the first Saturday of each month.
- Michael’s stores offer FREE and cheap crafty classes for kids. Days and times vary.
- The Children’s Museum of South Carolina is an interactive playground for the mind. Kids can touch, explore, and play while learning through interactive exhibits and programs. Tickets are $8.00 per person; kids 23 months and younger get in FREE. Click here for a discount.
- The Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum has a KIDSART program with periodic Mommy & Me classes for $5 (ages 3-4) and Saturday Art Adventures for $10 (ages 5-12). Click here for upcoming events and registration information.
- The Horry County Library has FREE storytimes, summer reading programs, movies, and other FREE events. Activities vary by location. Click here and choose a location to see upcoming events.
- Barnes and Noble at The Market Common has FREE storytimes for kids. Click here for upcoming events.
- Kids can get FREE airplane rides from volunteer pilots in the Young Eagles program.